Thursday, March 29, 2012

Life Lessons

So the past week has been one of the hardest Mommy weeks I have had in a long time. I had several unexpected long days at work and less and less time at home with little man. Normally I work 3 days a week and they are normally short days. Last week I worked 2- 10/11 hour days, and 2- 7 hour days. Needless to say Mommy, Daddy, and Baby were ALL ready for this past week to be over. Though the last week was extremely hard I have gained a new respect for full time working mothers. I think of my two sisters-in-laws (whom I have the deepest adoration for) and wonder "wow how do they do it" they truly are AMAZING and have the patience of saints!

So here are a few things I was reminded of this past week :
  • I am a sinner who gets tired, cranky, and impatient!! Ok so I knew all of these things before, but wow did they come to light!  There really is no time off; working a very long day then coming home to a cranky baby that misses you and needs you. I am so sad to admit but it felt like I was leaving one job and coming home to another.
  • Patience is something that God still needs to constantly work on me with! On a normal day I am home with little man and we have a great time, its just him and I I can stay calm cool and collected, but not when I have been at work all day. It was hard for me to come home and enjoy my baby. I love him but I found I had a short fuse.
  • Noah needs his Mommy, and his Mommy needs him. I found that while yes I could tell that Noah missed me it does a mommy's hear real well to hear her baby crying down the hall, walk in the door and have him light up in a smile after seeing me (not much for a tired daddy though).
  • I have an Amazing, Wonderful,Godly husband who works hard to take care of Noah and I!! Once again I knew this but I was shown such compassion even when I was grumpy. I also think Ben learned a little bit about being a stay at home dad (something I don't think he enjoyed much).
All this to say: I love my boys. And at the end of the week we had a wonderful afternoon at the park full of smiles, giggles, and family time. Just a simple reminder of how Blessed I am.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I totally agree with you...I could never have done as good as you and Chris and Care do with caring for your little ones with working. I had one stint of working all night long and homeschooling in the morning...catching naps here and there. Although I was working at home...it was extremely stressful for me and the kids. When we are tired it definitely brought out my "idol of ease" and I found how much I thought I deserved some time off. lol Thanks for the reminder! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete